Thursday, March 3, 2011

attitude matters :)


All of us want success. Nobody wants to fail inhis/her task. But the difference between success and failure of an individual is due to the person's thinking. If you are optimistic towards your goal in my view you can proceed to have it more smoothly than the one who is not sure bout the result. Being optimistic towards the success of a task removes much of unwanted pressure of you. :) Let me give example of a small story which i went through recently,
In order to better understand people's views of the world, a researcher once placed two children, one a pessimist and the other an optimist, alone in separate rooms. The pessimist was placed in a colorful room full of all kinds of imaginative toys...the optimist was put in a room filled with horse manure. The first child played in the room for a little while, but soon came to the door asking to leave because the toys were boring and because they broke too easily. Likewise, the young optimist soon came to the door...but rather than asking to leave, she asked for a shovel. Of course, the researcher asked the child why she wanted a shovel. She replied, "With all this manure around, I know that there must be a pony in here somewhere."

One day when i was returning back from my tuition I stopped to watch a local little League Cricket game that was being played in a park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the boundary line, I asked one of the boys what the score was.

"We have given off 156 runs in 15 overs and 5 are yet to be bowled," he answered with a smile.

"Really," I said. "I have to say you don't look very discouraged."

"Discouraged?" the boy asked with a puzzled look on his face. "Why should we be discouraged? We haven't been up to bat yet."

And I was amazed to hear the answer of that little boy. If even being so little, even seeing his team has rare chances to win that match, if that boy can be optimistic, why cant we???

No comments:

Post a Comment